($24-$28 per hour plus benefits and generous bonus opportunities)
Woodard Properties, a locally owned property management and development company in Charlottesville, is seeking an experienced Construction & Renovation Technician to join our Project Team!
The person in this role will generally work 8:30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, completing projects and renovations that include carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drywall repair, and painting work for our residential and commercial properties. This person will also periodically assist the Maintenance Team with general maintenance, preventative maintenance, on-call rotation (about 5 weeks a year), and inclement weather preparedness. Eligible candidates will have a proven track record of having an overall professional and positive work ethic.
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
· Considerable knowledge and experience with plumbing, electrical, and carpentry
· Some experience with building automation systems including HVAC and fire & security
· Ability to lift 50+ pounds, work off ladders, in tight spaces, and on roofs
· Ability and willingness to teach other employees
· Excellent customer service skills
· Willingness to assist in other aspects of property management from time to time, such as general & preventative maintenance, grounds work, etc.
· Availability to periodically be on-call & assist with snow removal
· A valid driver’s license and acceptable background check
Established in 1981, Woodard Properties is a customer-centric company that practices open-book management and fosters teamwork, personal growth, and continuous learning in a positive, smoke-free work environment. Our benefits package is exceptional, offering competitive pay, generous bonuses, paid time off, educational opportunities, retirement & insurance plans, and much more!
If our values resonate with you, please email your resume to Career@WoodardProperties.com.
We look forward to hearing from you. EOE