Woodard Properties, a locally owned property management and development company in Charlottesville, is seeking an exceptional and skilled Plumber and Maintenance Technician to join our team. The person in this role will provide plumbing and general maintenance services to our residential and commercial properties located throughout our community.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 6+ years in the Plumbing Industry experienced with installations, repairs, codes, or Journeyman’s License with 3+ years’ experience with installations, repairs, codes.
- Experience with repairing/replacing Polybutylene (Quest), cast iron, Duct iron, terracotta, PVC, CPVC, and copper pipes.
- Ability to work on clogged fixtures/sewer lines with a plumbing snake or other means necessary.
- Ability to solder and/or braze.
- G.A.S. Certification is a plus.
- Experience with gas line installation, leak checking, and repairs.
- Basic knowledge of heating, electrical, and carpentry.
- Ability and willingness to teach other employees.
- Availability to periodically be on-call & assist with snow removal.
Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s license, pass our background checks, and have an overall professional and positive work ethic.
Woodard Properties, a customer-centric company established in 1981, fosters teamwork, personal growth and continuous learning in a positive, smoke-free, work environment. We are excited to be a company that practices open book management and teaches and encourages employees to think and act like owners.
If our values resonate with you, please email with subject line “Plumber Technician” your resume and a custom message to Career@WoodardProperties.com that includes:
- Why you are interested in joining our team
- Your salary expectations
We look forward to hearing from you. EOE